(Updated: post chat) Announcing the first Industrial Internet Now #IINChat
Thanks to all who participated in the first #IINChat with a topic ‘’#OpenData for innovation /or standardization in #manufacturing’’ held on the 27th May, 2016. The informative discussion lasted approximately one hour and provided some notable interesting ideas and clarifications about using Open Data for the manufacturing industry by experts from around the world.
The selected questions were:
Q1. How does the usage of Open Data compare with the use of Big Data in manufacturing?
Q2. What initiatives on Open Data should manufacturing people be paying attention to?
Q3. Are there interesting technologies currently available that make Open Data more manageable for manufacturing?
Q4. Are there opportunities to use Open Data to generate revenue for manufacturing companies?
Q5. What industries have the best opportunities for using Open Data? Who will be first to fully adopt?
Notable tweets/contributions to the chat:
— Mikko Aro (@mikkoaro) May 27, 2016
— Hakim Laukkoski (@HakimLaukkoski) May 27, 2016
— Karan Menon (@menonkaran) May 27, 2016
Industrial Internet Now will moderate a regularly scheduled Twitter chat (#IINChat) focused on creating public discussion around Industrial Internet topics for heavy industry and material handling. We are looking for experts and interested specialists to participate in the chat and share knowledge on the possibilities and challenges facing industries, such as but not limited to steel, shipping & ports, pulp & paper, manufacturing, waste-to-energy and automotive. We are also looking for questions and comments from the people who live with the realities of the new emerging Industrial Internet world. As a public chat held on Twitter, anyone is invited to share their thoughts. Welcome!
Date: 27 May, 2016 13:00 (EET) – 13:30
Topic: ‘Open Data for innovation /or standardization in #manufacturing.
- What initiatives on Open Data should manufacturing people be paying attention to?
- Are there specific Open Data sets that are currently available that will help manufacturers?
- How does the usage of Open Data compare with the use of Big Data in manufacturing?
- What are the best use cases for Open Data in a manufacturing environment?
- What are the restrictions / concerns with using Open Data among heavy machines?
- What industries have the best opportunities for using Open Data? Who will be first to fully adopt?
- Companies utilize services between industries (e.g. automotive and shipping). How can Open Data help lower costs in this area?
- How long will it be before Open Data and its standardization take hold in mainstream manufacturing?
- Are there opportunities to use Open Data to generate revenue for manufacturing companies?
- If Open Data standards are adopted, are there practices or services that will be eliminated in manufacturing companies?
- Are there interesting technologies currently available that make Open Data more manageable for manufacturers?
The IIN Chat format:
Industrial Internet Now will periodically host a Twitter chat on various Industrial Internet subjects using the hashtag #IINChat. At the end of the chat session, respondents can see a summary of conversations as an updated version of this post and continue the conversation in the comments section. Please also feel free to suggest topics for the next #IINChat.